If you are a farmer with 2+ years of experience farming and a clear idea of what you're looking for, we can help connect you with landowners eager to find someone to farm their property. Get started by following the steps below!
We offer many other resources to new farmers who have been farming for less than 2 years.
How to Find Farm Land Through California FarmLinkWe have recently implemented some exciting changes to our website that will allow you to connect directly with landowners. If you encounter any technical glitches with the new Dashboard, send us a message.
- Create a Landseeker Profile. If you have previously filled out an intake form, you may be able to skip to step 3. You will be prompted to renew your membership if you have not done so within the past year.
- Become a member of California FarmLink. You will receive an email about how to become a member once you create your profile. Landseeker Memberships are $15 and are valid for one year. If you have previously paid a membership fee within the last year, your membership will be activated automatically. You may also request a Fee Waiver Application by contacting the main office.
- Register for a Land Linking Dashboard account. If you have previously filled out an intake form, make sure to register with the same email address you used when you first signed up. You will only be able to register once you have created a Profile and become a member.
- Login to the Land Linking Dashboard
- Have a business plan or a statement about your farm vision ready, prepare to reach out to a land owner, then use the Dashboard to browse the Land Listings and contact landowners directly. If landowner contact information is not listed, contact the appropriate FarmLink Regional Coordinator. We respond to land opportunity inquiries in the order they are received.
- Your Regional Coordinator can help you draft a lease agreement when you find a land opportunity.