If you are a farmer with 2+ years of experience farming and a clear idea of what you're looking for, we can help connect you with landowners eager to find someone to farm their property. Get started by following the steps below!
We offer many other resources to new farmers who have been farming for less than 2 years.
How to Find Farm Land Through California FarmLinkWe have recently implemented some exciting changes to our website that will allow you to connect directly with landowners. If you encounter any technical glitches with the new Dashboard, send us a message.
- Register for a Land Linking Dashboard account. If you have previously worked with us, make sure to register with the same email address you used when you first signed up.
- Become a member of California FarmLink. Landseeker Memberships are $15 and are valid for one year. If you have previously paid a membership fee within the last year, your membership will be activated automatically. You may also request a Fee Waiver Application by contacting the main office.
- Login to the Land Linking Dashboard and complete your profile.
- Have a business plan or a statement about your farm vision ready, then use the Dashboard to browse the Land Listings and contact landowners directly. If landowner contact information is not listed, contact the appropriate FarmLink Regional Coordinator. We respond to land opportunity inquiries in the order they are received.
- Your Regional Coordinator can help you draft a lease agreement when you find a land opportunity.