1. California FarmLink offers a variety of lending, education, and technical assistance programs. All programs require participants to abide by the California FarmLink Client Code of Conduct.
3. Education: California FarmLink offers a variety of educational programs and in some cases provides clients with technical assistance. Each educational opportunity or offer of technical assistance has its own criteria for admission. Some educational programs offer incentives for completion and define criteria for completion.
4. Land Access: The California FarmLink Land Portal provides information on land opportunities.
a. California FarmLink does not make representations or warranties about any properties or farmer profiles listed within our Land Portal or on our website, including the suitability of any property for intended agricultural uses or other business activities.
b. Each Landseeker is responsible for due diligence in their own inspection of any property for their intended uses. California FarmLink is not liable for any environmental or legal issues that the Landseeker or Landholder may encounter on any property listed on our Land Portal.
c. California FarmLink does not screen clients or otherwise verify the information or claims made on any profile or property listing in our Land Portal. California FarmLink does not perform background or reference checks on Portal users.
d. California FarmLink is not responsible for the nature of the communications among parties, and does not monitor client communications through the Land Portal messaging feature.
e. California FarmLink does not guarantee that you will be successfully matched with a land opportunity or with a farmer or rancher. California FarmLink is not responsible for any unsuccessful, terminated, or failed links or agreements.
f. While California FarmLink offers services involving tenure agreements and contracts, we are not attorneys. It is the responsibility of each client to consult the services of a licensed attorney before signing any agreements or contracts.
g. While California FarmLink makes every effort to provide up-to-date, accurate information regarding all aspects of farm purchases, agreements, and transfers, every participant in a land or business transaction is urged to consult with the appropriate licensed professionals (including but not limited to an attorney, realtor, and/or accountant) to verify that the transaction is meeting that participant’s needs and expectations.
h. California FarmLink will consider offering you a refund of your registration fee if you do not utilize our services. Please request a refund by contacting your regional representative and explaining why you need the refund. You must do this within 30 days of paying the fee. California FarmLink will reply with our decision in a reasonable timeframe.
5. California FarmLink is an equal opportunity service provider. We will not discriminate and will take affirmative action measures in accepting clients for services or providing services to clients to ensure against discrimination on the bases of race, color, gender, national origin, age, religion, creed, disability, veteran’s status, sexual orientation, gender identity or gender expression.
6. California FarmLink does not provide services to people with minimal experience farming or ranching. Farmers must have two or more years of farming experience (earning farm income as an owner or employee). During intake we ask several questions related to your experience – if we later determine that your answers were not truthful we may terminate or suspend services until you have attained additional experience.
7. California FarmLink will not provide resources or in any way assist in an operation that produces or seeks to produce crops that are illegal under federal law.
8. California FarmLink reserves the right to discontinue its work with anyone, at any time, for any reason, without explanation.
9. California FarmLink’s services, materials and resources do not guarantee business success. Please consult other professionals for advice on taxes, legal documents, and other matters.
10. While staff at California FarmLink make every effort to respond to all inquiries within 3-5 business days, strong demand for services does not always allow us to do so.
a. Unless you provide explicit permission to publicize our work with your business, California FarmLink keeps your business information confidential.
b. Your demographic information is voluntary, and may be used as part of aggregate data reports concerning the demographics of people we serve.
c. In order to most effectively serve your business, any information you provide to California FarmLink may be shared internally across the organization’s programs.
12. Registration in the California FarmLink program or use of its services and information shall not constitute legal reliance on the same, and any participants in the California FarmLink process agree to refrain from any form of legal action against California FarmLink, its employees and its Board of Directors, arising out of any service, transaction, or negotiation related to or involving California FarmLink.
13. By accepting our services, you agree to allow California FarmLink to ask questions about your business, either through a formal survey instrument, or during technical assistance work with staff, and at least annually. The resulting business data is aggregated with other clients for the purposes of California FarmLink’s program impact evaluation to improve its service to you and other farms and ranches.
14. Whenever material changes are made to the Terms of Service, California FarmLink will send an email to all currently registered users of the California FarmLink websites.
California FarmLink | Terms of Service, September 2021