California FarmLink | Terms of Service
- California FarmLink does not guarantee that you will be successfully matched with a land opportunity or with a farmer.
- California FarmLink is not responsible for any unsuccessful or failed links.
- California FarmLink does not guarantee financing or loan approval.
- California FarmLink reserves the right to discontinue work with anyone at any time, for any reason, without explanation.
- While California FarmLink offers services involving tenure agreements, we are not attorneys. It is the responsibility of each client to consult the services of a licensed attorney before signing any legal documents.
- California FarmLink’s materials and resources do not guarantee business success. Please consult other professionals for advice on taxes, legal documents, and other matters.
- While staff at California FarmLink make every effort to correspond to all inquiries within 3-5 business days, strong demand for services does not always allow us to do so. I understand this and agree to be patient.
- California FarmLink keeps all of your personal information private unless otherwise specified by you. Your demographic information is voluntary, and may be used as part of aggregate data reports concerning the demographics of who we serve. Please reference our Privacy Notice.
- California FarmLink will not provide resources or in any way assist in an operation that produces or seeks to produce crops that are illegal under federal law.
- While California FarmLink makes every effort to provide up-to-date, accurate information regarding all aspects of farm purchases and transfers, every participant in a farm transaction is urged to consult with the appropriate licensed professionals, (generally an attorney, realtor, and/or accountant) to verify that the transaction is meeting that participant’s needs and expectations.
- Registration in the California FarmLink program or use of its information shall not constitute legal reliance on the same, and any participants in the California FarmLink process agree to refrain from any form of legal action against California FarmLink, its employees and its Board of Directors, arising out of any transaction or negotiation related to or involving California FarmLink.
- California FarmLink will consider offering you a refund of your registration fee if you do not utilize our services. Please request a refund by contacting your Regional Coordinator and explaining why you need the refund. You must do this within 30 days of paying the fee. California FarmLink will reply with our decision in a reasonable timeframe.
- By accepting our services, you agree to allow FarmLink to ask questions about your business, either through a formal survey instrument, or during technical assistance work with staff, and at least annually. The resulting business data is aggregated with other clients for the purposes of FarmLink’s program impact evaluation to improve its service to you and other farms and ranches.
- Unless you provide explicit permission to publicize our work with your business, FarmLink keeps your business information confidential.
California FarmLink is a California nonprofit corporation that qualifies for charitable status under Section 501(c)(3) of the Internal Revenue Code.