California FarmLink provides access to capital for small- and mid-sized farms and fishers in California. Many of our borrowers are organic farmers, immigrants, women, and farmers of color. We make direct loans as well as referrals to alternative sources of financing based on individual business needs. We strive to be the premier farm and ranch micro-lender in California, and a national leader in supporting the next generation of farmers and ranchers.
We are a Community Development Financial Institution, which means we focus on working with underserved people and markets. We believe that beginning farmers, for example, are an underserved market in terms of access to business loans. We are a non-profit, mission-driven lender, and make loans from $2,500 to more than $1 million. Loan funds can be used for:
- Operating costs,
- Equipment and infrastructure,
- Farmer and farm labor housing
- Conservation projects
- Land purchase,
- Lines of credit,
- And in the Monterey Bay area, learn about our Resource Efficiency Loans
In many cases, we can arrange a seasonal repayment schedule, and we never penalize early repayment. Our borrowers typically repay seasonal operating loans over the course of one year, and up to seven years for equipment and infrastructure loans. Our land loans are typically of 15- to 30-year terms.
We work closely with the USDA Farm Service Agency (FSA), the U.S. Small Business Administration (SBA), Farm Credit, banks, and other lenders to refer entrepreneurs that may be best served by other lenders.
As a mission-based lender, California FarmLink is able to offer more flexibility than traditional lenders. We can work with you even if you have little or no credit or only need a smaller loan.
California FarmLink is a licensed lender pursuant to our California Finance Lenders License (#605 4397), issued by the California Department of Financial Protection and Innovation.
Why borrow from California FarmLink?
- We specialize in small- and mid-sized farms and ranches
- Our approach is personalized to your needs
- Our staff have extensive farm business expertise and can help you determine whether financing makes sense
- We offer flexible repayment terms that match your cash flow
- With a complete application, turnaround time is quick
- We’re a mission-driven lender, and we focus on financing agricultural businesses.